Manor Park was originally the site of Manor Park House and three other large suburban houses and their respective grounds that were acquired by the local authority. The pleasant public park was laid out from 1914 on a sloping site with Sutton's war memorial, dating from 1921, at the top. This park is sub-divided into areas by hedges and fences. Many of the trees in the park, which include firs and deciduous trees, are mature or semi-mature. The large fountain in the south park enclosed within simple iron rails and gates was donated by Cllr Charles Yates, Chairman of Sutton UDC in 1924-25.