Seears Park was originally part of Hammond's Orchard, itself part of East Cheam Manor estate. Laid out as a park by John Seear c. 1890-1912, it was left to his wife and then to the local authority on her death (1932). There remain some mature ornamental trees from the 19th century, including a monkey puzzle, redwoods and firs along the main road to the west, also some broken statuary and a pond from the same period. The drinking fountain was added in 1932 as a memorial to the Seears. There is an attractive ornamental cottage in the north-east corner.