The 18th century house in Cheam Park was bombed during WW2 and subsequently demolished, but the lodge of c1820 remains plus part of the old kitchen garden wall. Cheam Park House and its grounds had been purchased by the local authority in 1937 for public use. The site adjoins Nonsuch Park and is in two parts, the recreation ground to the north, which has meadowland areas and the ornamental gardens. There are old oaks and yews, an overgrown pond and remains of landscaping in the park. Some trees date from Victorian times.