The Mother Church of World Methodism Chapel was opened in April 1778 but rebuilt in 1891. The Chapel Keeper's House, entrance gates and railings are late 18c. Wesley's house, where he lived when in London between 1779 and 1791, is now a museum. The forecourt has notable planes and the Wesley memorial with a bronze statue. Behind the chapel is a small graveyard (visible later from Tabernacle Street) with plain chest tombs and the monument of John Wesley with pyramid and urn.