St Thomas' Hospital, originally in Southwark since the 13th century, was moved to its present site in the 1830s to make way for the construction of London Bridge Station. The northern end was rebuilt after bomb damage in WWII. There are two connected gardens to the right. There are steps between them but the lower garden, with a stainless steel fountain of 1929 by Naum Gabo, can be accessed from the river terrace. Rosa 'Best of Friends' has been planted.