Originally known as the Royal Masonic Hospital, the building was designed by Sir John Burnett, Tait & Lorne in 1931. The hospital has a fine Art Déco interior and a well-kept 1930s garden. Lawns, mature trees and shrubs, flowers, and a long central water feature with fountain, are overlooked by semi-circular, 'ocean liner' balconies.
We very much regret that the hospital has closed. The future of its garden is still uncertain.